Google+

Saturday 6 April 2013

Social Anxiety Disorder, Depression, Obsessive Compulsions Oh My

Welcome to my blog.  It is my intention to use this space to provide helpful information to those of you who are struggling with these things right now.  I'm certainly not an expert on the matter so mine is just one opinion so you will have to decide for yourself if it is going to work for you or not.  I am incredibly fortunate that I live in an area where there is allot of help for these disorders.  I will try to document my journey through all of this so that people who don't have access to all these services can map out a plan for their own recovery by looking up the suggested activities I am involved in.

This has been a fairly recent thing for me to deal with.  I started feeling tired and sad all the time about 2 years ago.  I could never get to sleep and felt like a zombie half the time. My Mother recognized that something was very wrong and told me to get to a doctor. I did not recognize that anything was going really wrong in myself.  If people close to you are starting to make comments about changes in your behaviour or you find life does not bring you the joy it once did I would suggest talking to your family doctor.  Do not wait to see if it goes away.  Usually if you have felt it for more than two weeks its not going anywhere on its own.
So if this is you right now, sad, tired, lost your zeal.....quit reading here and go make an appointment with your doctor.  Don't worry I will be here when you get back -Tracy


Are you depressed?

If you identify with several of the following signs and symptoms, and they just won’t go away, you may be suffering from clinical depression.
  • you can’t sleep or you sleep too much
  • you can’t concentrate or find that previously easy tasks are now difficult
  • you feel hopeless and helpless
  • you can’t control your negative thoughts, no matter how much you try
  • you have lost your appetite or you can’t stop eating
  • you are much more irritable, short-tempered, or aggressive than usual
  • you’re consuming more alcohol than normal or engaging in other reckless behavior
  • you have thoughts that life is not worth living (seek help immediately if this is the case)
  • ttp://www.helpguide.org/mental/depression_signs_types_diagnosis_treatment.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment